Giving is Caring

Always remember:

The value of time, the success of perseverance, the worth of character, the power of kindness, the influence of example, and the obligation of duty.



Monday 1 October 2012



It works, Try it out!!

 

For practising conditional clauses with intermediate students.
Write on the board:
If you were a vehicle, which vehicle would you be?
If you were a colour, which colour would you be?
If you were a fruit, which fruit would you be?
(and other categories, such as season, flower, plant, song, country, animal, insect, building,etc., depending on the students´level of proficiency).

 
 
Ask students to answer these questions, explaining their choices, for example:

If I were a vehicle, I´dbe a motorbike as I´m rather noisy.
I´d be red because I´m very hot tempered.
I´d be a papaya because I love the sun.

Then ask students to describe themselves in terms of these categories, not as they are but as they would like to be. Are their answers different? Ask them to compare and discuss their choices in pairs or groups.

(Contributed by Naashia Mohamed from Auckland, New Zealand in English Teaching Professional. issue Twenty July 2001.)

No comments:

Post a Comment